Reminder Automations can be set to run on specific types of Issues where you’d like to check in with the user. Sometimes it can take a while for a user to respond, but often they may forget and just need a reminder to reply. Reminder Automations send a custom follow-up message based on the platform, app, language, tags, and any other criteria you set when creating the Automation.
To create Reminder Automations, proceed as follows:
1. Navigate to Settings > Automations
2. At the top of the page, click the tab ‘Remind customers after X days’. This will allow you to use the ‘Add Automation’ button to create a Reminder Automation. Next, click on the ‘+ Add Automation’ Button.
3. A pop-up will appear where you can enter the Automation title, the number of days you’d like to pass before the reminder is sent, and the content of the reminder message. Click the text ‘+ Add more conditions’ to add additional conditions.
The criteria types available is as follows:
- Platform: method by which the user is using the app, e.g. iOS, Android, Windows, Web, Email
- App: which of your apps the user is reaching out about
- Language: the language of the user, e.g. English, Chinese, Arabic
- Has these tags: exact tags which are applied to the Issue
- Has at least one of these tags: the Issue must have at least one of these tags to have the automation applied
- Doesn’t have these tags: the Issue must not have these tags to have the automation applied
Click the ‘Create Automation’ button. All Automations start running immediately upon creation and will start sending Reminders to Issues which meet the criteria set within the Automation. Please note that it will not apply retroactively to Issues created prior to the creation of the Automation.
Please note the following tips and best practices when creating Reminder Automations:
Creating custom Reminder Automations for different apps, bug types, and tiers of support can provide a positive experience for customers. For example, if you offer support in multiple languages, you can create different Auto Reminders for users of different languages. To dynamically use different Reminder Automations for bugs, apply the tag type used for that bug within one of the tags fields.
You can use Reminder Automations in conjunction with the Auto Resolve feature for general follow-ups. If your users don’t reply back in a timely manner, you can set up a Reminder Automation for them, then have your Auto Resolve function close it after a certain amount of time if you don’t hear back. To learn more, see How Do I Set Up Auto Resolve Automations?
Please note: If using Reminder with Auto Resolve, you’ll want to make sure the ‘x days after’ values are not the same. If they are set the same, then this will cause a poor user experience, as they will see two immediate messages before their issue is closed. We recommend having at least a day or two difference between your “x days after” values for Reminder Automations and Auto Resolve Automations.