New Issue Automations (NIA) allow you to assign Issues to specific Agents or Smart Views, add tags, auto resolve Issues, and send custom Autoreplies, all immediately upon Issue creation and based on criteria you define. This criteria could include device information and metadata your developer is tracking, such as app, language, or platform; which email address the issue was sent to; or the presence of certain keywords/strings, among others. To learn more about adding metadata to your app, please refer your developer to our developer documentation.
NIAs also allow you to cater your Autoreplies based on the language of the user’s device, which platform and app they are contacting you on, as well as any customized tags which have already been assigned.
You’ll use NIAs to conduct Smart Routing, a process by which you automatically assign Issues to Agents based on select criteria, such as the Agents working hours or the tags on the Issue. To learn more and get started with Smart Routing, see How Do I Auto-Assign Issues To Agents Based On Working Hours & Other Parameters?
To create a New Issue Automation, proceed as follows:
1. Navigate to Settings > Automations
2. At the top of the page, ensure that the tab ‘New Issue’ is selected. Next, click on the ‘+ Add Automation’ Button.
3. A pop-up will appear where you can enter the Automation title and apply custom filters (example below). When completing this form, please note the following:
- The Automation conditions will differ based on which Platform you select (SDK, Email or web).
- For SDK Issue Automations, you’ll be able to select a specific app in your automation settings. However, if you want to include web Issues in your Automation, app selection will be disabled. This is because we want to be sure your Issues are categorized in the most accurate way possible, and we cannot guarantee users will always select the correct option in your Web Portal’s Contact Us Form.
- If you want to apply app-specific Automations to Email or web Issues, you can add App-specific tags to the Dashboard and have them passed through the Web Portal’s Contact Us Form or even support emails to populate your Issues.
- To filter your web Issues by app, you can customize the contact form for each app to add an app-specific tag.
- To filter your email Issues by app, we recommend setting up separate email support channels for each app, and using Automations to apply a tag depending on which email users write into.
Once you’ve set the title, platforms and other details, click the ‘Create Automation’. All Automations start running immediately upon creation, and NIAs trigger instantly on new Issues.
To learn how to set up Autoresponders, see How Do I Set Up An Autoresponse?
To learn how to set up Reminder Automations, see How Do I Set Up Reminder Automations?
To learn how to set up the Autoresolve feature, see How Do I Set Up Auto Resolve Automations?